I’ve read from many other travelers that a headlamp can be one of the most useful items that we can bring on our trip. While I’ll need to find out for myself it’s usefulness, here’s a list of the top reasons that I’ll make sure I have a headlamp in my pack.
- We’ve got a 6 AM flight to catch and want to be courteous to our hostel mates as we pack in the morning.
- Kris is a bookworm and likes to read late at night.
- We’re out in the sticks camping and wandering around to that discrete bush is difficult in the dark.
- … or I’m wandering around the dark hostel hallway trying to find the bathroom.
- We’ve stayed out too late and riding that scooter in the dark is dangerous and it wouldn’t hurt to have a flashing bright light hanging off of me.
- That top loading pack I bought is sometimes hard to get into and find what’s packed into the bottom.